February 11, 2022
Greetings WPS Families,
Below is some information regarding an upcoming vaccine/booster clinic as well as the voluntary pool testing program. I have also included a link to our COVID-19 Dashboard and Vaccinations by Town and Age Group.
Weston Public Schools, in conjunction with Griffin Hospital, will host a vaccine clinic for ages 5+ and a booster clinic for ages 12+. There is no cost to the school or the family.
You must pre-register for the clinic, walk-ins will not be accepted. Here is the registration link: https://docs.google.com/forms/
Pfizer Vaccine Clinic for Ages 5-11 and Ages 12+)
Tuesday, February 22, 2022 (first dose) AND Tuesday, March 15, 2022 (second dose)
Pfizer Booster Clinic for Ages 12+
Tuesday, February 22, 2022 OR Tuesday, March 15, 2022 (select one date)
4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
95 School Road, Weston CT
Below is a link to several forms that are required for each patient. These forms should be completed prior to arriving to the clinic. If the forms are completed in advance, wait times will decrease:
- Patients must provide a photocopy of both sides of a valid ID (driver’s license). If patient is a minor, parent/guardian must provide this information.
- Patients will be asked to provide a copy of their insurance card. This information helps reimburse Griffin for vaccination services at no cost to the school or insurance holder.
COVID-19 Voluntary Pool Testing
The COVID-19 voluntary pool testing program has been expanded to include vaccinated, unvaccinated, and those not fully vaccinated (two-doses of the vaccine). All students in grades 9-12 are eligible for this voluntary testing program
If you wish to have your student participate in this voluntary program, the COVID-19 Test Consent Form needs to be completed. This electronic consent form can be found in the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Here is the link: https://weston.powerschool.
Log into the parent portal,
- Click on the tab “COVID-19 Testing” (located towards the bottom on the left side of the screen),
- The STUDENT INFORMATION section will pre-populate with your student’s demographic information,
- Under CONTACT INFORMATION, you must enter P/G Preferred Email Address as well as P/G Cell Ph to Text Results,
- Scroll down to the bottom of the form and enter Parent/Guardian Name and Date Consent Signed (this will be your digital signature),
- Click the submit button to save your data.
Insurance will not be collected; there is no cost to students or schools. Remember, parents can opt out of testing at any time. If you wish to revoke permission previously granted, you will need to contact the nurse at your child’s school.
- HES Nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WIS Nurse: email@example.com
- WMS Nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHS Nurse & WPS Nursing Supervisor: email@example.com
Kindly direct any questions about the pool-testing program to the COVID-19 liaison in your school:
- HES – Matthew Paylor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WIS – Nicole Wilhelm (email@example.com)
- WMS – Dru Walters (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WHS – Matthew Filip (email@example.com)
Here is a link to our COVID-19 dashboard.
In addition, here is a link to COVID-19 Vaccinations by Town and Age Group:
As always, we appreciate everyone’s collective efforts to keep as many students and staff as possible in school.
Superintendent of Schools