Weston Public Schools
Our commitment to excellence and continued, purposeful innovation will make Weston Public Schools the standard in designing educational pathways and environments that cultivate empowered citizens of the global community.
The mission of the Weston Public Schools, as a caring and supportive community partnership, is to empower each student to achieve success and contribute to our global society by developing and cultivating character, knowledge and creativity through a dynamic learning experience that challenges each student to continually pursue personal excellence.
PORTRAIT OF A GRADUATE
Weston graduates will have the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to achieve their personal goals and make positive contributions to society. The areas in which Weston graduates must demonstrate their mastery include: Critical Thinking, Communication, Problem Solving, Creativity, Caring for Self, and Caring for Others.
WESTON BOARD OF EDUCATION
The Weston Board of Education is committed to ensuring the success of the district mission by:
- Supporting a Pre K-12 program that challenges and inspires students to understand diverse perspectives, to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and empowered learners prepared to thrive in an ever-changing world. These are essential for developing global citizens.
- Maintaining a safe community and inclusive climate that honors the uniqueness of every individual independent of race, skin color, religion, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other perceived differences.
- Ensuring that the policies, practices and curricula are designed to be equitable and inclusive.
- Constantly challenging itself to evaluate and refine curricula, policies, practices, setting goals, expecting accountability and allocating the appropriate resources to ensure we embody the vision and mission of the district each and every day.
|HES Action Plan||WIS Action Plan|
|WMS Action Plan||WHS Action Plan|
Overview of District Goals
Curriculum & Instruction
- MATH: Ensure all students demonstrate growth and deepen their conceptual understanding of mathematical concepts so that they develop the requisite problem-solving skills.
- READING: Ensure all students read at grade level or higher by grade 3, and continue to develop their reading abilities in grades 4-12 using reading as a tool to understand content across instructional areas.
- PORTRAIT OF A GRADUATE: Ensure that the Class of 2023 meets the graduation requirement of a mastery based portfolio.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Promote green initiatives across schools to educate all WPS students in environmental awareness
Healthy Learning Environment
- Promote an inclusive climate that honors the uniqueness of every individual independent of race, skin color, religion, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other perceived differences.
- Improve academic performance for all special education students in the areas of reading and math as evidenced by personal growth on district and standardized assessments (i.e. NWEA, SBA)
- Develop a process and training schedule to support the transition to the new IEP data system effective July 1, 2022
- Develop and implement a coordinated and coherent process for special education procedures districtwide
Digital Learning & Technology
- EDUCATIONAL: Provide key data analytics at scale to drive district goals and outcomes
- EDUCATIONAL: Continue to leverage high quality digital tools and resources to meet the diverse needs of students
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Provide high quality technology to staff and students to support teaching and learning
- Review district recruiting practices to ensure:
- recruiting partnerships with organizations and candidates,
- an inclusive climate that honors the uniqueness of every individual independent of race, skin color, religion, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other perceived differences.
- Review hiring processes
- Review and revise evaluation plan for non-certified staff
- Ensure that all district job descriptions are up to date
- Develop a long range budget that will enable the district to achieve its strategic academic goals through the lens of academic return on investment and maximizing financial resources
Safety & Security
- Ensure the safety of students and staff during COVID
- Collaborate with the First Selectwoman and Town of Weston Facilities Optimization Committee to create a future plan for town and school facilities that support the district mission
Board of Education/Superintendent
- Improve district communication to all stakeholders